When you have a CFP.DEV instance running you might want to show a list of speakers on your WordPress instance.
This plugin provides several short codes to list speakers, show speaker details, the schedule per day and talk details, my schedule and search results.
First thing you need to provide is the CFP.DEV key, which is the subdomain of your CFP.DEV instance (for example dvbe19).
Go to the CFP.DEV admin settings page and enter the key.
The available short codes are :
* [cfp_speakers size=10 random=yes title=”Speakers” subtitle=”This list will grow”] list of speakers
* [cfp_speaker_details] Speaker details page
* [cfp_talk_details] talk details page
* [cfp_schedule day=yyyyyyy] yyyyy is the day name, for example monday.
* [cfp_talks_by_tracks] list all the talks by tracks
* [cfp_talks_by_tracks] List all the talks by the track id
* [cfp_talks_by_sessions] list all the talks by session types (conference, bof, etc.)
* [cfp_my_schedule] Shows the schedule of the authenticated JWT user
* [cfp_search_results] Shows the search results which can include speakers and talks. This page is triggered by the search request on the schedule page.
All rendered CFP.DEV WordPress pages are cached and are refreshed every 24 hours.
You can manually clear the cache on the WordPress CFP.DEV settings page.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Provide the CFP.DEV key on the WordPress CFP.DEV Settings page.
You can now add the speakers list short code to a WordPress page as follows [cfp_speakers]
4.1 The speaker list is ordered by speaker last name, you can also decide to show a random list by adding the short code parameter random=true, as follows [cfp_speakers random=true]
4.2 You can also specify how many speakers you want to show on the page by using the size param. For example [cfp_speakers size=20 random=true] will show 20 random speakers.
4.3 You can also add a title and subtitle above the list of speakers by using the related params: title and subtitle
To display speaker details you need to create a WordPress page named ‘speaker-details’ and add the short code [cfp_speaker_details]
To display a schedule you can use the short code [cfp_schedule day=monday], this will show the schedule for Monday.
To display a talk details a WordPress page named ‘talk-details’ must exist. In this page you need to add the short code [cfp_talk_details]
To show search results a WordPress page named ‘search-results’ must exist.
Create a ‘My Schedule’ and add the short code [cfp-my-schedule] to show the authenticated users talk favourites.
ہرہک دے سوال
Can I use this plugin without having a CFP.DEV instance?
No, you need to have a CFP.DEV instance running.
Can I change the look and feel?
Yes, you can override the used cfp-dev CSS properties to override the look and feel.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“CFP.DEV shortcodes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.حصہ پاوݨ آلے
- Support proposal ratings
- Social card fix for speaker details page
- Corrected error handling for wp_remote_get
- Corrected documentation and cache issue
- Include speaker-img-[index] for each Flickr image of speaker
- Embed YouTube video when viewing speaker details page
- Embed YouTube video when available
- Show mobile app links in footer
- Removed ‘Error’ check which blocks talks with error in their talk description
- Clear cache manually for speaker or talk details page
- Use thumbnail flickr images for overview with link to high-res version
- Show Flickr speaker images
- Show total favs on schedule and talk details page
- Added CSS media queries to make grid responsive
- Fix: My Schedule remove and link
- Increased REST timeouts from 5 (default) to 30 seconds
- My Schedule link uses /talk instead of talk (this will break for the voxxed days events – for now)
- Search HTTP GET timeout of 30 seconds added
- CSS updates and show session type name on schedule
- Show time slot details on talk when available
- Introduced search results shortcode
- Introduced my schedule shortcode
- Include link to speaker in talk lists
- Show message when key parameter is not provided
- Support URL suffix
- Cache items are now valid for 24 hours
- CSS enhancements
- Added tags to talk abstracts
- List talks by tracks and session types.
- All CFP.DEV rendered wordpress pages are now cached in WordPress for one hour.
- Added two new shortcodes to display the schedule and proposal details page.
- First version of CFP.DEV shortcodes to list speakers and speaker details