By default, WordPress makes your login session cookie expire in 48 hours (or on browser close), or 14 days if you check the “Remember Me” box. This plugin makes those timeout values user-configurable through the Users admin control panel.
I don’t think this will work with versions of WordPress earlier than 2.8, when the current option pages were implemented. You may want to directly hack the timeout values in the source code if you’re running an earlier version of WordPress.
Unpack the zip file and upload the files to
or my favorite,
- Check it out fresh with Subversion:
cd wp-content/plugins svn co https://plugins.svn.wordpress.org/configure-login-timeout/trunk configure-login-timeout
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Users->Login Timeout to configure your site’s login timeouts.
- You’ll have to log out and log in again for the new timeout to take effect on your session.
ہرہک دے سوال
- Q. Is this plugin still maintained or supported?
A. Yes, the developer uses it on several WordPress blogs and will continue to support it in 2014 and beyond.
- Q. How can I thank you enough?
A. I sure would be grateful if you could tell any musician, student, teacher or parent you know about my iOS app(s) at Tonally Awesome.
- Q. How many OTHER questions have been asked about this plugin?
A. None at all. Not one. Zero.
Contributors & Developers
“configure-login-timeout” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.حصہ پاوݨ آلے
“configure-login-timeout” دا آپݨی زبان وچ ترجمہ کرو۔
ڈیویلپمنٹ وچ دلچسپی ہے؟
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.