Once the widget is added to your sidebar you may easily configure it to provide a display of recent comments with comment author avatars. The options are:
- The title of the widget.
- Limit the number of comments to shown (1 to 15).
- Option to display the avatar of the comment author, or not.
- Set the size of the avatar.
- Chose to have the comment author’s URL (if given) open in a new window,
- Show the date of the comment, or not.
- Set the format of the date.
- Set the size (as a fraction of the normal text size) of the date string.
- Show an excerpt from the comment.
- Convert smilies in the excerpt.
- Show a country flag indicating the source of the comment, requires MySQL database modifications, see below.
- Show a country flag in main comment loops, non-widget, requires theme and MySQL database modifications, see below.
The style of the output may be controlled with simple CSS rules that need to be included in your
styles.css template file.
The container (i.e.
<table>) has the id recentcomments (use CSS
List items (i.e.
<li>) have the class recentcomments (use CSS
- Put the complete plug-in folder into your WordPress plug-in directory (if this doesn’t make sense it probably isn’t something you should be trying) and activate it.
- Go to your Appearance » Widgets page and include Recent Comments in your sidebar.
- Use the configuration options to set up your widget to display recent comments as you like… 😉
- Optionally, to use the comment flag options, the following notes must be completed…
Flag installation notes
Modify your theme to show country flags in main comment loops, you must make this change to your
comments.php theme template file. Change
And you must import the
wp_iptocountry.sql file into your MySQL WordPress database.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Recent Comments with Avatars” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.حصہ پاوݨ آلے