WordPress show your WordPress login and ID in several places. It’s time to fix this !
- WordPress automaticaly uses “User login” to fill in the “User Display Name”.
- WordPress also allows everyone to use the same value for Nickname, Display Name and Login.
- The body_class function also shows to everyone your User ID and Login on author pages.
A hacker can easily see then use your “NickName” or “Display Name” to find your real login. Once activated, SX User Name Security will prevent WordPress from showing those informations.
Body_class function :
- Removes User ID from body_class function (author pages)
- Removes User Nicename from body_class function (author pages)
User informations :
- The plugin changes “Display Name” and “Nickname” to a random value (like ‘Ticibe T. Aduvoguripe’, ‘Lagubo N. Agigerovibe’ or ‘Datela N. Orejadavino’) if they are equal to user login
- If not, it changes “Display Name” to “Nickname” or “Nickname” to “Display Name” if one of them is equal to user login
New Registration :
- Display Name and Nickname are changed to random value during user registration.
- Nicename is also changed (it’s used to generate the user permalink on the front-end). For previous user, a notice has been added to use another plugin to safely change old nicenames. 😉
All functions are translated into french and english.
You can find me here on SeoMix, and here is the official french post about this plugin https://www.seomix.fr/user-name-security/
Upload and activate the plugin.
A notice and a button will be displayed to handle all users in order to hide their logins. Then, SX User Name Security will prevent WordPress from ever showing login and ID informations.
ہرہک دے سوال
Do I need to do anything else for this to work?
Yes : just visit the admin user page to see if you have to modify some of your users.
It’s also better to use SF Author URL Control (https://wordpress.org/plugins/sf-author-url-control/) combined with this plugin to also change current author permalinks (in order to hide login information).
Contributors & Developers
“SX User Name Security” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.حصہ پاوݨ آلے
“SX User Name Security” دا آپݨی زبان وچ ترجمہ کرو۔
ڈیویلپمنٹ وچ دلچسپی ہے؟
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2020/09/21 – v.2.3.2
- Required version bumped to 4.6
- Updated plugin text domain
2017/11 – v.2.3.1
- Tested up to WordPress 4.9
- Improving warning information on admin pages
- Code cleaning
- Major fix for the “fix username” button : it will no longer generate 404 error pages (but people will still be able to guess your real login with your author URL).
- Add a column in the admin user list showing “Display Name” for every user.
- Add a better explanation about the “Fix Username” button.
- Minor fix for the admin profil URL link.
- Add a button (JS only) to handle all users created before the plugin installation.
- Code improvements
- Code improvement
- Bug fixes (in some cases, user “Display Name” and “Login” were not modified)
- Now an administrator can also trigger every function by saving a user (you don’t have to wait every user to log-in)
- New alerts (admin notices)
- first release