When developing a theme, you need to insert dummy content to test if your content is well rendered. Maybe sometimes, you’ll want to change pictures sizes in the middle of the development process for example, and then you’ll need either to upload back your pictures or regenerate thumbnails. This is where this plugin kicks in.
With WP Fake Image Replacer you don’t need to upload pictures. Just use the_post_thumbnail() function wherever you want and the plugin auto generate a fake image holder. Just change the thumbnail size whenever you want and the plugin generates automatically a new fake image.
It’s work with ACF (Advanced Custom Fields) from version 4.0. Just use image and gallery fields as usual.
Switch to presentation mode : show your client the website with beautiful random pictures from Flickr. Uses Flickr API.
Third party :
– Ivan Malopinsky holder.js library (GPLv2 licenced).
– Flickr API
Just activate the plugin. The plugin hooks the_post_thumbnail() function and auto generate a fake image if no post thumbnail is defined.
ہرہک دے سوال
How can I define thumbnail sizes ?
As usually, juste use the set_post_thumbnail_size() and add_image_size() in functions.php and use the_post_thumbnail(‘size’) in your template file.
How to make it work with ACF ?
Just as usal. Use examples from ACF support site and WP Fake Image Replacer generates fake images for image field and gallery.
What is Developer mode and Presentation mode ?
Developer mode is the default mode during theme developpement process with fakes images (fast and work offline)
Presentation mode display random pictures from Flickr, in order to show the website to your clients.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Fake Image Replacer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.حصہ پاوݨ آلے
ڈیویلپمنٹ وچ دلچسپی ہے؟
- fixed : set default values for first time
- You can now set a Flickr pictures theme
- Developer Mode & Presentation Mode
- Display random popular Flickr pictures in developer mode
- Added WP color picker for custom theme colors
- Options page
- Custom text on images
- 3 color themes
- Make your own custom themes
- French translation
- Advanced Custom Fields plugin support (image and gallery fields)
- Code cleaned
- Dummy images are now generated by holder.js
- Works even offline
- Generates fake images by hooking the post thumbnail function