WP SSL Redirect simply forces the SSL on your WordPress website by applying a 301 redirect from the HTTP path to HTTPS path. Please note that this plugin doesn’t install or configure any SSL certificate, instead it simply applies a 301 redirect to force the SSL on a WordPress website where a valid SSL is already properly installed.
- Added options to force www or non-www
- A minor bug fix regarding query vars
- Fixed a major bug related to sub-directory installations
- Rewrote the redirection code to make it even simpler
- Disabled the website URL update in the database
- Bug fixes
- Compatibility test with WordPress 6.1
ہرہک دے سوال
Does this plugin install or configure SSL?
Does this plugin make any changes to the file system or database?
No changes are made to file system or the database.
How does WP SSL Redirect perform the redirect?
The plugin makes use of
$_SERVERarray to check either the URL is accessed over HTTPS or HTTP. If the request is made over HTTP, then the plugin sends a 301 redirect header and performs the redirect to the HTTPS version of the same URL.
301 Redirect is Not Working
WP_HOMEare hardcoded in your WordPress website’s
wp-config.phpfile, then uncomment or delete these two constants, otherwise WP SSL Redirect’s 301 redirect may not work properly.