yPHPlista is a new plugin I wrote because I was unsatisfied with current ones integrating phplist with wordpress. this plugin does it best, and it does it with style. both ajax (“same page”) signup and gracefully degrading JS so your users can visit their normal subscription page.
For more information visit http://social-ink.net or http://www.social-ink.net/blog/yphplista-an-ajax-wordpress-plugin-for-phplist-integration
Please note, as with every plugin or theme modification, you should do a backup of your files beforehand. Although we’ve tested this across many installs, we are not responsible for anything it does to your system and do not guarantee support.
yphplistadirectory to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the yPHPlista plugin through the ‘Plugins’ page in WordPress
- Set it up with your PHPlist settings.
- Add a new page or post to your wordpress and type in the [yphplista] shortcode wherever you want the signup box to appear.
- NEW: you can now add yPHPLista as a widget if your theme is widgetized through your backend.
- NEW: if you’re keen on editing your theme, use the function alone (for use with default backend options) or (eg )
- That’s all – yPHPlista will take care of the rest.
ہرہک دے سوال
- Can I choose different names, ids, subscribe pages?
Now you can: To use an alternate subscribe “page” use the shortcode with temple_id, like [yphplista template_id=3]. To use an alternate list use the shortcode with listname AND listnum, like [yphplista linstame=”secondlist” listnum=3]. To use as a function, use (eg )
- What about validation/authorization/spam prevention
At the current time yPHPLista does not validate email addresses, nor does it employ any spam prevention techniques like reCAPTCHA, etc. If you need this functionality, be in touch for personalized support. note: PHPList has some built in validation (eg it won’t accept .ocm domains for example) but again that’s not part of the plugin.
- It’s not working!
Wow, that’s broad. Have you correctly set up PHPList, created a list, and a subscribe page? All of these things are NOT under the purview of this plugin; basically make sure everything’s running well on that side before you attempt to use this.
- I have PHPList setup but it’s still not working!
Have you created a subscribe page, and entered the correct settings in the plugin settings page? Remember, each subscribe page has an “id” (the default is 1) and we need to make sure they’re created in order to use this plugin.
Also note two major caveats: WP doesn’t allow you to use AJAX cross-server; that is, you can’t have your wp install at “http://mywp.com” and your newsletter at “http://mynews.com/newsletter” and expect it to work flawlessly. this is for security reasons. also note that if there are two instances of phplist on the same page, one MIGHT fail (not sure), so make sure to triple test multiple loops or queries. this is because phplist requires certain naming conventions for its form elements that sometimes won’t interact perfectly with jquery…
- But seriously, it isn’t working, even if i get a green successful box…
- Can I change how things look?
Certainly. CSS is your best friend. everything is id’d and class’d
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“yPHPlista” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.حصہ پاوݨ آلے
“yPHPlista” دا آپݨی زبان وچ ترجمہ کرو۔
ڈیویلپمنٹ وچ دلچسپی ہے؟
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added backend function
- Added multiple list support, widgetization, and fixed some minor bugs
- First version released.