If you’d like to have some comments on your site, but don’t want them on every kind of post, then this plugin is for you.
Go to the Discussion Settings of your site and select which post types, taxonomies and/or terms will automatically disable commenting, regardless of the individual post setting.
- Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/disable-comments-selectively/ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Go to the Settings -> Discussion page to configure the plugin, selecting which types, taxonomies and terms should be affected.
ہرہک دے سوال
- Comments are still in the admin area
This plugin only affects the front end by design, so it will look like nothing has changed in the admin; eg. you’ll still see old comments, the number of previous comments on a post in the little comment bubble, the “allow comments” checkbox, and even add comments from the post screen.
But when looking at that same post from the front end, nobody will be able to view its comments nor make new ones.
- I want to disable all the comments!
Better to install a plugin like Disable Comments which will remove them across the site, and hide them in the admin area too.
- Nothing happens
Then the odds are that the theme you’re using isn’t following the usual WP methods for comments. This plugin has been tested with all the default WP themes (from twentyten to twentytwenty) and works as intended.
- The RSS feeds still show old comments
It’s probably because it’s been cached, either by your browser or by WP itself. You can quickly force refresh your browser to check that, but if it’s been cached by WP then you’ll need to clear that or wait for it to expire.
- Comment Widgets
I’ve tested this with the default WP Recent Comments widget and it works fine, but I can’t guarantee what happens with any of the hundred other comment widgets out there.
If it uses the normal WP function calls for comments, it should be okay – if it’s making custom database calls directly, then no.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable Comments Selectively” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.حصہ پاوݨ آلے
ڈیویلپمنٹ وچ دلچسپی ہے؟
- Tested with WP 5.3 and the new twentytwenty theme
- Remembered to use wp_sprintf instead of concatenating multiple strings…
- Initial release.